Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Culliour North Studio Feb. 3, 2010


11:30 am A fine mild, snowy winter day, full immersion in white
My "fragments" piece has captured my full interest, the train is coming into the station, and now it gets difficult. I'm trying to find the balance between the idea expressed in a complex intuitive language and visual attraction. Is it too busy... is nature too busy...I have seen a small fragile creek trickle its way into the larger waters that is so full of life, colour, form, line, light...that it is bewildering, awesome, holding my attention endlessly, scanning slowly to the right, then left, then being drawn back to where my eyes started. The word "busy" is the problem, in its negative connotations in relation to artwork, perhaps we should use the word complex.
A northern artist
Bruce

1 comment:

  1. not to busy for me, I'm into the fragmentation as a whole. I'd love to hang it on my wall and just watch and discover.

    It is busy like nature, but I always find that nature brings peace to its busy state. One state compliments the next and is repeated over and over... complex IS a better word

    ReplyDelete