Thursday, February 4, 2010

Cullioure North Studio, Feb. 4, 2010


8:30 am -Shift back to the "Portrait" so as to give the "fragments" pieces time to sit, for time to contemplate and reflect.
Look at the work of Julian Schnabel, "The Sea" or anything by Anselm Kiefer, or Richard Serra's "Santa Fe Depot" 2004, wow! Where to go? The conversation is marching on, the cultural dialogue more complex. The brilliant question is more powerful than the redundant statement. It's about searching...isn't it?

The 30" x 36" "Portrait" moving ahead, the black work is almost done. Is it strong enough, will it inhabit and dominate a space, will it cause the viewer to stop, to think. I have seen spectators spend all of 30 seconds in front of a deKooning. well, it's their 30 seconds to spend as they wish. I am trying to get more.
A northern artist
Bruce

1 comment:

  1. I looked at it, studied the lines, then read the words above...
    After reading I had to go back down to the portrait and I studied it more intensely than before.
    After I read the words I just started asking myself questions and looking for the answers in her face.
    Looked up deKooning couldn't imagine only spending 30sec infront of his work

    ReplyDelete