Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Cullioure North Studio, Feb. 10, 2010


8:00 am It's a bit more wintry this morning, minus 14C with a breeze, snow is blo wing about, white and icy. When I entered my studio, warm and welcoming as usual, I saw my "Portrait" and cringed. It isn't working!
There are those dark non productive days, paint on, scrape it off, paint on, try again. Sometimes we search and find, sometimes we just search. At times we just have to scrap it.
I'm not there yet.
6:00 pm. Well after a rough few days solutions might have been arrived at. The "Portrait" 30 " x 36" I think is on the right track now.It's a tough inner struggle that only the artist can resolve. It's a wrestling match between reason and spirit and one should not overpower the other. Tonight I give you a detail of the whole.

A northern artist
Bruce

No comments:

Post a Comment