Monday, February 1, 2010

Cullioure North Studio Feb. 1, 2010



8:15am: and -18C back in my studio. Continuing work on the 30" x 36" oil on canvas, which I think I will title "I'm Looking". I have exhibitions upcoming, the first of which is at the Temiskaming Art Gallery, May 21 to June 25; I plan on putting this piece in the TAG show. To work.

3:00pm So it would seem a bit of progress achieved on "I'm Looking" portrait and also on the fragment piece. The fragments piece is approx 24" x 36" mixed media on board. It has changed, and changed again, forcing myself to adhere to this rigorous process that involves non linear within a linear structure, using verticals, horizontals and obliques. The 2 pieces I'm developing side by side, the portrait and the fragment piece. Working on these 2 feels a bit like being in a canoe, on the brink of rapids, excited and fearfull, full of anticipation, but not sure if you should bail out now.

7:00 pm: Took an hour and a half break for supper and then back to the studio. Another full day coming to an end. The days seem to go by so quickly. Tonight as I sleep I will visualize and perhaps gain more ground.
A northern artist
Bruce

No comments:

Post a Comment