Thursday, February 11, 2010

Cullioure North Studio, Feb, 11, 2010


At work 8:00am in my fine studio, these 4 walls of contemplation. My "Portrait" is finding her voice. She can be mournful, or joyous, perhaps complex or all too simple. As I work, sorting out with reason each shape, each colour relationship, every stroke of paint,I find myself discovering her as I define her.
You can look at her dismissively, having perhaps seen such a face a million times before, or you can look in wonderment, searchingly, never having seen this stranger before today. Perhaps we will only get to know her when she is gone. A dialogue with the divine can only reside in wonderment and in that interaction there are moments both fine and bewildering.

A northern artist
Bruce

1 comment:

  1. I think this blog is simply the best! I look forward to seeing the changes each day and this progression in this work strikes a strong chord with me. GC

    ReplyDelete