Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Beginnings


In my studio at 8:30 am. Only -11 C and a bit of snow. Immediately on entering my work space my imagination fires up. I have several works at different stages, and each bit of paint, or scrape of a palette knife, or stroke of a paint loaded brush initiates an idea and murtures curiosity.

I am working on a new idea. A cube, this is a prototype for a larger piece and on it I intend to paint two portraits in my style on 2 sides and on another side mount a digital picture frame loaded with photo portraits. In it I will project a video on an inside wall opposite to 2 windows from which the observer can watch the video unfold. The external and internal person. The idea has been developing for months. It has a long wonderful process. I have built the cube and shot some photo portraits.
northern artist

1 comment:

  1. Sounds compelling. Can't wait to see how it turns out! Are you also a photographer?

    ReplyDelete