Monday, January 11, 2010

January 11, 2010, Cullioure North studio, Bay Lake



8:10 a.m. I'm back after a great weekend in the north. Very mild on Sunday, we went to Kirkland Lake for the official opening of the Juried Show at the Sir Harry Oakes Museum and Gallery. Very pleased to be named second in show. Perry Kong of Kirkland named first in show, and my friend Anne Denise Mejaki named third! To work!

3:15 p.m. I've been working hard all day, most of it spent in the torturous process of reassessing both portraits. Now I have reworked both and I feel they are stronger. The process demands time, reworking and reassessment. At some point, I rely on an intuitive understanding. Artists will often say, "it's working".This means what? I understand what it means, but it's really hard for me to write it down. There is a certain rawness to them now. Same person, very different expressions in each portrait. I'm ready to move on now to the next step.
A northern artist

No comments:

Post a Comment