Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Tues. Jan 12/2010/Cullioure North Studio/Bay Lake





3:11pm: fairly mild at -10°C,and a bit of sun
Into my work by 8:10. I'm working hard, stopping only for coffee or lunch. Any interruptions can be irritating. I love my work.
Tadaa! Put my first portrait on the "Cube". Up close, it reads as an abstract array of negatives and positive spaces. Depending on your focus, the white spaces can read as either negative or positive. Given some distance the portrait clearly jumps at you. When I'm painting it I am of course only inches or centimeters away, and I have a lot of fun with the individual shapes. Then I step back, and like a revelation. There she is!
Next, the other portrait to go all the opposite side of the "Cube" to this one. As well, my mind has to begin to find the color. Even in sleep, I search my Cube Portrait for color.
Also, throughout the day I moved a very different piece forward. I think I will call it "The Waters, Montreal River".
It has a digital picture frame integrated into it, photos scrol by approximately every 6 seconds, so that at pictorial relationships are in constant flux. I see it as an internal dialogue.
A good day!
A northern artist.

1 comment:

  1. "Its working".
    For me it means that as far as I can tell all aspects that I had intended to be in this piece are functioning the best that they can and the way that I want them to. Tomorrow, next week, next month...I may change my mind but for now. Its working... ;)

    Jim from Lake Ontario

    ReplyDelete