Thursday, January 7, 2010

Jan 7, 2010, Bay Lake




- 11degrees C, gorgeous morning.


Well I was able to get into my studio at 8:15 am. I spent a long day at work. I had many things to do, organizing various activities, writing proposals, re-organizing my cluttered studio space, and also worked on another drawing of a portrait for my "Cube Portrait". Very happy with this portrait so far because it has excellent use of the positive and negative spaces and I love the expresive quality of the portrait. Winter for a northern artist isn't easy, it demands energy and time, days are too short, and it does not help when your furnace breaks down. It has been out of commission since December 22, and wood burning demands time. Something I'm sure Gaugin didn't bother much with. Each day has its ebb and flow, so although I wish I had achieved more today, I did make progress.


A Northern Artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment