Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Jan 6, 2010 Bay Lake




Late start today, in the studio at 9:30 am. -14 degrees C and grey. So now some steps of the "Cube Portrait" have been achieved. The cube has been constructed, sanded, and primed. I have shot a number of photos to comtemplate. Then I worked on the drawing and transferred it to the 4" x 6" lino tile. At the same time I am experimenting with works on 14" x 20" glass, as well I am developing a concept for a layered piece, probably on a 24" x 36" board. I could easily work 16 hours a day, but I struggle to keep the balance. The work of Louise Bourgeois invades my imagination, here in this white frozen land, but then I push it back, I go outside and suck in the cold clean air staying focused. I pulled the first prints of the portraits. Pleased but there is work to do on it. Of course I am never fully satisfied with the quality. Perhaps I am to self critical?


A Northern Artist

No comments:

Post a Comment